The DSW Bridge Houghton Valuation team have many years’ experience in delivering independent, commercially focused valuation advice across a wide range of asset classes for both contentious matters and advisory purposes.
We are regularly appointed to deliver independent valuation advice for a wide variety of purposes, from private equity firms requiring an independent valuation of securities in advance of issue to commercial litigation lawyers seeking settlement for a client involved in a shareholder dispute.
Each assignment we undertake is tailored to the specific requirements of our clients, ensuring fit-for-purpose advice is delivered on a timely and cost-effective basis. Recognising that a corporate valuation rests upon numerous variables, assumptions and professional judgements, we take time to understand the business and its underlying value drivers in detail to ensure we produce a report that is robust and fully supported by evidence. In doing so, our in-depth analysis provides clients with greater clarity and assurance over the matter at hand so they can take a fully informed next step.
Our range of services include:
- Independent review of transactions.
- Independent valuations for statutory audit purposes.
- Independent valuations for tax/probate purposes.
- Independent valuations ahead of external (debt or equity) funding rounds, including potential stock exchange listings.
- Goodwill valuation in relation to the incorporation of partnerships and sole traders.
- Share issue and rights issue pricing.
- Establishing fair value in relation to dilution in respect of second or third round funding.
- Providing independent assessments of secondary buyout proposals.
- Minority acquisition valuation support.
- Issue of employment related securities.
- Establishing an independent fair value in relation to management change.
- Compliance with articles regarding share valuation.
- Compliance with accounting standards:
- SFAS 141 allocation of purchase price
- SFAS 142 / FRS 11 impairment of goodwill.